// -->

Saturday, July 22, 2006

set me free

I can't be the woman you want me to be
I'm sorry for the confusion,
I'm not the same girl you knew years ago
she was just an illusion.
When I look into the mirror
where a young girl once looked back,
I see a changing, often confused woman
with traits the girl did lack.
I can't recall the feel of your arms
or the love you gave that turned so cold,
Will you wrap them around me just once more
before I grow too old?
The carefree child you met back then
is playing hide-and-seek;
I often call to her to comfort me
yet she does not speak.
I'm unsure what my destiny holds
what fate or road I'll go,
All I know now is that I'm not
the helpless child you once did know.
Do you want me to be a little girl forever
so you can shape my life for me;
all I want is to be happy
so I can let myself be free!
I've disappointed you once again
I assure you it won't be the last time,
But it will be the final moment
here is where I draw the line.
Who am I supposed to be?
I vow to find that woman who can set me free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home