// -->

Saturday, July 22, 2006

never hurt me

Afraid to be free and to love with an open heart.
To lay my soul down upon the chopping block.
This is no reason for this fear.
But I have felt the pain before.
I don't want to feel that empty again.
You say that you love me
but then I see the doubt in your eyes.
You promised that you would never hurt me.
When the time came to stand strong
you faltered and fell like a wet cookie in the rain.
How am I to trust you now.
You come to me and say the same again.
Promising that you will never hurt me.
Will you falter again when society
tries to come between us
Because they don't see the love?
I want to believe your words
but my heart has crawled behind that wall
and is braced like a dog going to the vet.
I don't know if I can dig out from behind this shield again.
It took so much the first time.
You promised that you would never hurt me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home