// -->

Saturday, July 22, 2006

list girl

I'm a list girl
And I count
And I add more
And I cross out
And I'm adding
And I'm adding
And I'm adding it up
Cross out that
Knocked out that
But I'm adding
Always adding
And it grows and grows and grows
And it grows and keeps on growing
Here I cross
There I cross
But it's growing growing growing
Groaning as it's growing
The infernal list of items
On the detestable To-Do list.
The taskmaster from hell.
That commands and dictates my moments
Sucked away into the abyss
The infinite sea of uncompleted tasks
Awaiting your attention
Finish me! Cross me out!
I've been here forever!
You know I must get done!
Quit procrastinating!
DO ME!DO ME!
NO, DO ME!
NO, ME!NO, ME!
And it grows
And it sucks
And it consumes my life.
It's insurmountable.
The unquenchable thirst
Of the cancerous list of tasks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home